Alexander Taratynov studied in Moscow at the Artlyceum (1967-1974) and the Art Academy of Soerikov, sculpture department (1975-1981). In the 90-s he went to the Netherlands for a scholarship and lived in Amsterdam, later in Maastricht.
In 2015, he joined Strijthagen Castle, where he opened ArtLand, together with his spouse Katja.
Surely, you know some of his creations very well.
Among them are:
- The Silver ten-gulden coin with portraits of Queen Beatrix;
- The portrait sculpture of Anna Paulowna in Zaandam;
- Sculpture of a sitting Anna Paulowna in The Hague and Anna Paulowna on horse;
- sculptures of Flora, Mercury, Daniel of Dopff and Tsar Peter the Great for the gardens of Neercanne Castle, Maastricht;
- Statue of D`Artagnan in Maastricht;
- The Nelson Mandela bust, also located in The Hague;
- A three-dimensional version of the famous NightWatch painting by Rembrandt, located at the Rembrandt Plain in Amsterdam
The works of Alexander Taratynov are very well known in Russia and in Europe - his beautiful bronze sculptures adorn parks and museums of Holland, Germany, Latvia, Russia, France, Austria, Switzerland.