Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Our headquarters are in The Hague, the Netherlands, and our Chief Executive Officer is Peter Voser. The parent company of the Shell group is Royal Dutch Shell plc, which is incorporated in England and Wales.
• + 100 countries where we operate
• ~102,000 number of employees
• 2% amount of world’s oil we produce
• 3% amount of world’s gas we produce
• 3.2 million barrels of gas and oil we produce every day
• 45,000 Shell service stations worldwide
• 10 million customers buy our transport fuel each day
• +25 refineries and chemical plants we run (figures for 2008)
• 1 ranking by Fortune 500 in 2009
Sakhalin II is one of the world’s largest integrated, export-oriented oil and gas projects and Russia’s first offshore gas project. When running at full capacity, expected in 2010, Sakhalin II will add 5% to the world’s current liquefied natural gas (LNG) capacity. It will meet almost 8% of Japan’s gas needs and 5% of South Korea’s.